Just finished sewing in the ends while waiting for my daughter's driving class to end. Will update with a link to my source when I am on my desktop later on.
Made with a large yogurt tub and mason's line.
Sent from Anna's phone
Update: Oh, look! A computer!
Here's the link where I got the idea for this container.
My kids - especially my younger daughter - were sweet enough to use a Magic Eraser to take the print off the yogurt container. Then I trimmed off the shaped bits at the top and used a hole punch to make the holes around the edge. I really liked using mason's line for this project - it's really strong and not as slippery to work with as I was afraid it would be. For the initial round of single crochet through the holes, I did [1sc, 2sc] around. Thankfully, I had an even number of holes! *L* After that, I worked sc in a spiral so there would be no seam. After a few rounds, I did foundation single crochet for the handle, then sewed it to the opposite side.
At the last minute, I decided to hide the holes by doing a round of slip stitch, finishing off the last loop with a needle so that it looks seamless. I like it much better than with the holes exposed. It seems cleaner that way.
My first experiment with this was actually a 4L milk jug. I thought the rounded corners would be okay. It turned out all right, but I don't recommend using a milk jug. Stick to round things. :-)
I'm not sure if I should call this a basket or a bucket or what. *L* It's just a handy little thing, though. It even held my roll of mason's line for me while I worked, so it served as a yarn bowl as it was being made.
Definitely something I'll be making more of.