Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Upcoming

Here are some events I'll be taking part in in October.

At the Clareview Micheals;

I will be doing a crochet demo on Saturday, the 6th, from 1-3pm.  

As usual, on the third Saturday of the month, I'll be hosting the $5 Yarn Nights from 1-3, with the option to go longer.  This month, Yarn Night is on October 20.

I have another demo booked on October 27th, from 1-3pm.  This time, I'll be doing a demo for circular loom knitting - my first demo of the technique!

It's also getting to be that time of year where I need to update my class schedule for 2013.  I will still be maintaining the days and times, it's just the dates that I will need to add.

___________________________________

At Beyond the Arts;

Beyond the Arts is back from summer break with an open house on Oct. 12 - 13.  There will be snacks, crafts and door prizes, so come on by!

At Beyond the Arts, I get to make my own classes, so they're somewhat different then the ones I do at Micheals.  I've got two levels of beginners crochet classes and two levels of intermediate classes for now.  If there's a demand for it, I can see about doing advanced or specialty classes as well.  The classes will be 2 hours long, and they can be taken in squence or as stand alone classes. 

I am also considering doing all day crochet workshops.  These would be 6 hours on a Saturday, and would include a lunch or snacks.  Let me know if there is any interest!

___________________________________

With summer being as busy at it has been, I've been lax in posting photos of my finished projects, other than cell phone snaps.  I've set up a photo area in my work station and took over 60 photos, only to find the ISO setting on my camera wasn't where I thought it was.  Once they were uploaded to the computer, I could see they were horribly grainy, so I'm going to have to take them all over again.  Once they're done, I'll start posting them here.  Meanwhile, I am working on a major project that I need to finish by the end of the month, since I plan to do NaNoWriMo again this year.  If all goes well, I'll have a major announcement at the end of the month.  If all doesn't go well, it might be delayed a couple of months, which I really don't want to do!

No comments: