Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Catching up on my crocheted projects, part thirteen

I saw some bags using granny squares a different way and decided to try my hand at it.  For this one, I used the new Craft smart yarn available at Micheals.  This is a really dureable yarn that is perfect for items that will see a lot of rough use!

Granny Trio tote

Just three granny squares joined to make the bottom and sides, then rows of sc to make a border along the opening.

Granny Trio tote

Here's one of the side panels laid flat.

Man, that red's so bright, it's hard on the eyes!  The camera didn't like it very much.


Granny Trio tote

The handle was done using Tunisian Stockinette stitch again.  Starting only 3 stitches wide, the red was added in the forward pass. 

I think this is an interesting way to use assemble a bag, and a method I think I'll use again.



No comments: