Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Catching up on my crocheted projects, part eleven

Finally, moving away from hats!

Here's a cheery little evening bag I made.  Rather different then my usual bags.

For a bag, I prefer to use a sturdy, durable acrylic, like Red Heart Super Saver.  It's the sort of thing that can handle a lot more use and abuse.

Fractal accent evening bag

I started this bag by making a flat, rectangular base, then worked up the sides in the round.  The textured area is alternating dc and sc stitches - I can't remember if it's called the seed stitch or the moss stitch.  The flap was made by first working a few straight rows for the part that covers the top of the bag opening, then reducing on one side only.  I tried to line up the plain and textured sections in the body of the bag.  The button loop is just a chain loop that was covered when I worked sc around the edge opening.  I also did a row of slip stitchs just inside the edge, using the slight holes formed when working the sc edge.  It not only tidied up the look of it, but strengthened the edge of flap at the botton loop.



Fractal accent evening bag 

 The fractal flower is another hyperbolic accent.  I like using these to cover the seam that forms when working in the round.


Fractal accent evening bag

The handle was made using Tunisian Stockinette Stitch, just 4 stitches wide.   At this width, a regular hook can be used.  I find it makes really nice handles.

More photos here.

 

No comments: