Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Catching up on my crocheted projects, part six

This next hat was an experiment for me in a couple of ways.  First, it was the first time I used Patons Classic Wool.  I've been avoiding wools since I had a reaction to some wool yarn I'd worked with a few years back, though I think I may have been reacting to the dye, not the wool.  I had no problems at all working with this yarn, and it was really pleasant to stitch with.


Wandering Cables wool hat


My other experiment was with the pattern.  I wanted to play around with cables - moving them around and crossing them, but had no idea what, so I made this up as I went along.  I rather like how it turned out.  I've found myself playing around with cables a lot more often of late.  They're rather fun!

More photos here.


2 comments:

Mary said...

Hi great readingg your post

Get Crafting! said...

Thank you. :-)