Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Textured baby blanket with hood

I have finally finished this!  This is the blanket pattern featured in one of my new, upcoming classes.

Discover Knit and Crochet, textured baby blanket

Due to a lack of babies handy, here it is modelled by my older daughter's 18" Josefina doll.

Discover Knit and Crochet, textured baby blanket

I chose a Loops & Threads Snuggly Wuggly yarn for this, rather than the aqua recommended.  I really like how this colourway turned out.  I call it my car wash blanket because the colours and texture remind me of the pastel coloured foam some automatic car washes use. 

Discover Knit and Crochet, textured baby blanket

Using the recommended 6.00 mm hook, my gauge is slightly larger than in the pattern, but I decided not to adjust for it and have a slightly larger blanket, instead. The blanket, before edging, was supposed to measure 27 inches square.  Mine was closer to 29 inches.

I really like this textured stitch and have been using it for other patterns, including Blankets 4 Canada squares and java jackets/cup cozies.

Next class project; the openwork lace shawl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been browsing online greater than three hours lately, but I by no means found any attention-grabbing article like yours. It is lovely worth enough for me. In my view, if all webmasters and bloggers made excellent content material as you probably did, the internet will likely be a lot more helpful than ever before.
SPEEDSTER® POWER RUNNER Speed Trainer with Covered Cords ** 2 MEDIUM 4' RESISTANCE SAFETY SLEEVE CORDS AND 2 PADDED ANKLE CUFFS **