Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

On display

What is that saying about best laid plans? *L*

So the still life display that I was working on was originally going to be in a frame.  First, I discovered I messed up on the sizing.  Yes, the two parts of the display would fit into the frame, but not both at the same time.  That was a bit of a "duh" moment for me.  Which is fine.  The flowers in a half-vase demonstrated stitches taught in the classes, so that was going to be used.  Then the frame itself got kiboshed.

The display is up now, though, and I think it turned out rather well!

IMG_5310-50%crop

Individual classes are advertised underneath, while the vase and flowers are at eye level.   They have been THOROUGHLY sewn to the backing, so the parts and pieces won't go travelling, but people will still be able to touch it and examine it closely.  A great job was done in putting this together within the space and display restrictions.  Thanks, Ladies!!

No comments: