Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Space

Well, I finally had to break down and do it.  I had to do some furniture rearranging and partial dismantling and set myself up a work space for my crochet.  Upstairs.  Due to permanent damage to my knees and feet, I tend to avoid the stairs as much as possible, but I really needed to get a dedicated space set up.  There's just too much noise and traffic downstairs.

This meant clearing out the old computer desk, including what used to be the girls' computer.  There had been some problems with it that we've never got around to trying to figure out how to fix. I don't think anyone has touched it in at least 6 months.  After all that time sitting and collecting dust, I finally moved it out.  There's a space at the end of our hallway between the wall to one bedroom and a support pillar. The desk was always too wide to fit into that space, since it had a small shelf on one side to hold a tower.  With no computer to put there, I simply took the shelf off, and now it fits perfectly.  There was a bunch of other stuff to move as well, and a while bunch of dusting. 

There's still a bit of work to do in the area, but I took the time to set up and work on a project to make sure the space was suitable.  I think it'll work out fine.  I will be able to bring up more of my supplies later, it's a good height to work at, I have good light to work under, and I have some space I can take photos in, too.  Lighting for photography isn't very good, but I can work that out in time.  The chair isn't the most comfortable, but it'll do for now.

The most important thing is that I now have a space I can keep my course and various projects on the go and not have to tuck things aside or worry about them getting knocked about.  Unless the cats jump unto the desk, of course.  They both seem to like the new space, too.  While setting it up, I kept having to move the younger one out of way, and she kept climbing into the lower shelves.  When I was working, I found both cats hanging around, keeping me company.  They like being nearby while I work. 

I'll be having more photos to post soon.  I'm working on a display that will be used to promote my classes, and I'll be doing a step-by-step of the process. 

So far, I'm liking how it's working out. 

No comments: