Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Yarn Bomb

Some time ago, my older daughter was out with her friends and spotted a yarn bomb.  Knowing her mother as well as she does, she made sure to tell me about it.  Today, I finally had a chance to get a couple of photos.  I love finding stuff like this!

If you're unfamiliar with the concept, yarn bombing is basically yarn graffiti.  Crafty folk sneak out in the dead of night (more or less) and leave knit or crochet pieces out in public places.  Sometimes they'll put a scarf or toque on a statue.  Others sew shapes onto poles or trees.  The truly dedicated cover entire buses, cars or buildings in yarn.

Our local mystery yarn bomber covered the arm rests of a public bench.



Yarn bombed arm rest

This one is still in pretty good shape...

I love yarn bombing!  I think they add a wonderful touch of whimsy and colour to unexpected places.  If you want to learn more about yarn bombing, visit the Yarn Bombing blog.

No comments: