Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Green Cables

This next hat was done almost the same way as the Red Cables hat.  Even the yarn type is the same.  There are just a couple of notable differences.  First off, I used a 9.00mm hook. With the same number of stitches used in each round that was done in the Red Cables version, this made it a size larger than what I usually make.

Green Cables

Though I used the same number of stitches, you can see that I joined the new cable into a different spot than the Red Cable hat, as well as experimenting when where I attached the fpdc to create the wavy cables.

Green Cables

You can see the changes in direction of the cables a bit better here.

The ribbing around the edge was also done the same way as the red version, including the round of sc done first.  The ribbing is only 3 sc long, which means I started it with a chain of 4 instead of 5.



Green Cables

Even with the narrower ribbing, this version is a fair bit longer than the red one.  It's a bit lower over the eyes than I normally like, but has better ear coverage.

I do like this variation of the cable hat, but I think the 9mm hook is a bit too big.  It's a great way to make a larger hat without having to change the number of stitches in the pattern, though.

No comments: