Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

New yarns

The girls and I recently checked out Knit and Purl, a local yarn shop near one of our favorite haunts.  I love the specialty shops.. and yet I don't!  So many beautiful yarns - such high prices!  Yeah, I know, they're worth it... I just hate spending money.

We did pick up a couple of new yarns, though.  My younger daughter chose these two skeins.

IMG_3489crop

I managed to snag a photo before she balled up the second one.  This is Misti Cotton, 2 ply, 83% Peruvian Pima Cotton, 17% Silk.  It's 175m, 100 grs, hand wash, lay flat to dry, gentle iron, dryclean symbol P; no hanging, no drier, no sunlight (??), no bleach, no... I'm not sure what the symbol stands for, but it looks like a candy in a twisted wrapper. *L* This beautiful green is Eucalyptus Leaf, 8912.  We got it at a sale price of $9.99 - I don't remember what the regular price was anymore.  My daughter has no idea what she will make with it, but that's okay.  It can sit in her stash and inspire her.  It feels absolutely glorious!  Incredibly soft and pliable.

For my own choice, I picked something I normally don't - bright, rainbow colours!

IMG_3490-50%

IMG_3492-50%

This is Marks & Kattens Fame trend. 75% Superwash ull (wool), 25% polyamid.  100g and a very generous 420 m.  Care instructions are to wash separately, no iron, no bleach, no drier, lay flat to dry, dryclean symbol P.  The colourway number is 653.  It put me back $15.99  The feel is every so slightly scratchy.

I don't normally go for brights, but these colours really appeal to me.  I want to make something with it that will highlight the gradients.  I've been going through my patterns, and I think I've found a nice, simple yet airy half-circle shawl that will work rather well.  I won't be starting it until after I'm done with the garage sale this weekend, and finished the last of the amigurumi necromorph I promised to someone ages ago.

Oh, and one more photo to share... a Mother's Day gift from my husband came in the mail recently.  This is my new favorite t-shirt!!

IMG_3484crop

I've told him the next one I want has a crochet hook on the back and reads "don't talk to me, I'm counting!"

No comments: