Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Purple crochet shawl

Finally, I'm getting around to posting this one!

I'd made this as a gift for a dear friend in the US. I used the same Patons Brilliant in plum that I used for the balletneck sweater I'd made for my mother, and a 3.50mm hook. Here it is after it was pinned out to my blocking pieces.


DSC_8099-50%

My blocking "board" is several sheets of foam insulation, taped together. The very tips of the shawl didn't fit, even using 4 sheets. I've also got a couple of bath sheets under the shawl to absorb moisture.

DSC_8105-50%

The pattern is a simple (dc, ch 1 dc) V stitch, working from the point up. It's actually a really large version of a kerchief pattern that I have. After doing the last row of V stitch across the top, I kept going by working a row of sc along both sides and across the top, then working shells of 5 dc, skip 4 stitches, 1sc along the two sides, finishing off when I reached the top.

I think it worked out rather well. :-D

2 comments:

The Travelers Journal said...

I love it! It is beautiful! I know just what I want to find to wear with it for the wedding!

Anna said...

I'm so glad you like it. :-D