Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

Pretty cluster hat

cluster-stitch-hat

Here's a simple little hat I made by experimenting with a cluster stitch. The yarn is the same I used for the mittens I made during my crochet blitz. It's a lovely yarn to work with (and the colour in this photo is more accurate than the one of the mittens) and I definately want to use it again.

The pattern was pretty basic. Using a 6.50mm hook, I made a flat disk of double crochet until the crown was the width I wanted. After 1 more round of dc, without increases, I switched to doing clusters. For the first round I skipped 3 stitches, then did 4 dc in one. For the remaining rounds, I worked the 4 dc in between the 2nd and 3rd dc of the previous cluster. When it was as long as I wanted, I did a round of sc into the top of each dc, then made the ribbed cuff by alternating front and back post dc.

With a nice, chunky yarn like this, the hat was very quick to make up. I think I finished it in about an hour, maybe an hour and a half with interruptions. ;-)

No comments: