Pages

Friday, September 25, 2009

Blitz - Mohair hat

For this project, I used another one of gorgeous mohairs I found at Goodwill. This pattern is from Hip to Crochet: 23 Contemporary Projects for Today's Crocheter. The pattern recommended a sportweight yarn, but I thought it would work well with this mohair blend.

mohair-hat

I used the recommended 4.00mm hook size. The yarn is from les fils marnel yarns, Rainbow - a French named yarn made in Italy. It's 70% acrylic, 20% mohair and 10% wool. It's machine washable in warm water, which is an added plus.

The pattern is worked in hdc, including the strange little nipple at the top. The down side of working in this pink colour is that I couldn't past the image that I was crocheting a giant breast. LOL It's meant to be worn with the bottom turned up, but my kids like it better down. It's much lighter and thinner than the recommended yarn would have been, while remaining beautifully warm. It does look strangely lumpy when not being worn, though.

2 comments:

The Travelers Journal said...

Great color and pattern!

Anna said...

Thanks. :-) I'm rather pleased with how it turned out.