Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Blitz - Biker's "Beret"

For the next while, I'm shooting for crocheting at least one project a day as gifts. I picked up a bunch of pattern books a couple of days ago and did two on that first night. Here's the first one I did.

purple6315

Biker's "Beret"
designed by Denise Black

Pattern from: 24 Hour Crochet Projects by Rita Weiss
Yarn recommended: worsted weight, Red Heart Super Saver
Yarn used: some easy care worsted weight acrylic in bulk sizes balls from Walmart in purple. The label disappeared after my younger daughter re-balled the yarn, but it might actually be Red Heart. I don't remember.
Hook: I (5.50mm)

Changes made: added an extra row of dc

This pattern is about as simple as they come - just rounds of dc. The original pattern called for 11 rounds of dc, followed by a round of sc. I tried it on before doing the sc round, and it seemed a touch too short, so I added one more round before finishing it off.

Quick to make up - about an hour - and comfortably snug. This cap will be perfect for cooler days, and with the machine wash and dry acrylic, there's no need to be fussy about it.

No comments: