Pages

Friday, January 16, 2009

Score!

The girls wanted to check out the local Salvation Army and Goodwill stores. We are fortunate to have a couple of really good ones here. We've only been to either of them once before and were looking forward to going again.

While at the Salvation Army, I remembered they'd had a section of yarn, so I went looking. I had an excellent find!


I picked up 4 skeins of this yarn - the only ones of this colour. There were another 6 or so skeins of the same thing in a really horrid green that I left behind. *L*

It's Pinguoin yarn, made in France. From what I've been able to find online, it's a company that got bought out, and the line discontinued - much to the dismay of many knitters on online forums. It's 50% mohair, 25% wool and 25% acrylic. Each 50g (1 3/4 oz) skein is 110 m (121 yds). They feel gorgeously soft and light.

The best part? A couple still had the original price tags on them. $6.95 I got them for $1.49

With only 4 skeins, there's not enough yarn to do a large project, but there should be enough to make a decent sized shawl or stole.

Except that I still can't crochet. I did try anyways, working on a tea cozy for my 14 cup teapot, doing my best not to move my injured left arm. I thought the project would be small enough. Unfortunately, it did make my elbow worse and I had to stop. I'm past the half-way point, too. :-( I've had my first physiotherapy session yesterday, and it's even more tender than it was before. Until it's better, crochet is out.

*sigh*

1 comment:

The Travelers Journal said...

It looks so soft! I love the color too. Hope your arm feels better soon!